The Palatine village council Monday dealt with a number of items on the agenda. They included:
- Transfer of a special use permit to allow continued operations at take-out restaurant Megabite, 1506 W. Algonquin Road. The name of the restaurant will be changed to Pasquale's Pizzeria and Delicatessan.
- Authorization of a waiver of the bid process to purchase new fire department turnout gear, which is the protective gear worn by firemen as they fight fires. The $22,038 expense is part of the 2013 budget, and the purchase is a follow-up to replacement efforts that began in 2010.
- Street Fest will be held Friday, August 23 through Sunday, August 25 and requests approved by the village council included a waiver request for sound amplification, temporary closure of streets and parking lots, allowing the village manager to enter into contract agreements with vendors/entertainment and a liquor license to be able to provide liquor at the event. .
- Authorization for the village manager to expend $26,715.27 for emergency repairs of the sewer vactor, which Village Manager Reid Ottesen said is a front line piece of equipment that helps to clean up the sewer system. An engine went out in December, and village code requires the village council to approve expenses in excess of $20,000 at the next meeting after the expense was allocated.
- Approval of Autocad sofware upgrades for the village at a cost of $29,246.72. Village Manager Reid Ottesen said the move will replace five year old software, and avoid having to purchase all new software, with an estimated cost of $60,000.