More than 400 students from each of the District’s 15 elementary schools competed in the District’s sixth-grade cross country meet, which was held October 4 at Salk Park in Rolling Meadows.
Crowds of parents, principals, assistant principals, teachers, aides, and Board members lined the mile-long course and cheered the runners to victory.
The meet was divided into six heats—three for girls, and three for boys. Medals were awarded to the top-10 finishers in each heat, and “top flight” ribbons were given to students who finished from 11th to 20th place. Every runner received a participation ribbon at the finish line.
First-place finishers in each heat received special recognition at the November 16 Board of Education meeting. They are (pictured above, from left to right, standing in front of their respective presenters):
· Dalton Rogers from Marion Jordan School, who was introduced by Michael Duffy, a PE teacher at Marion Jordan
· Sarah Clancy from Winston Campus Elementary, who was introduced by Scott Scafidi, Winston Campus Elementary assistant principal
· Marie Zdzienicki from Kimball Hill School, who was introduced by Lynn Cunningham, a PE teacher at Kimball Hill
· Max Clark from Stuart R. Paddock School, who was introduced by Gary Simonian, a PE teacher at Paddock
· Matt Wallace from Hunting Ridge School, who was introduced by Diane Murphy, Hunting Ridge principal
· Saffire Selof from Gray M. Sanborn School, who was introduced by Ryan Merle, a PE teacher at Sanborn
-Story Submitted by Community Consolidated School District 15