Time to File Senior Property Tax Exemptions

Property Tax Exemptions help reduce your tax bill.

Time to File SENIOR CITIZEN PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTIONS Has Been Extended  By Terry Kelly, Assessor 

Yes, it is time to file for your Senior Citizen and Senior Freeze property tax exemptions.  Cook County has extended the filing period until February 20th.  Exemptions can help reduce your property tax bill.    Stop by the Township Assessor’s Office and we’ll make sure the proper paperwork is filed. 

If you are applying for your Senior Exemption for the first time you will need a copy of your most recent tax bill and an Illinois issued ID/Driver's License. If you are applying for the Senior Freeze also bring in your 2011 income tax return. You must apply for each of these exemptions every year. You must have a birth date of 1947 or before to qualify for these exemptions. The Senior Freeze is based on total household income, which must be less than $55,000.  

Our office is located at 721 S Quentin Road in Palatine - at the corner of Illinois and Quentin, with hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and on Saturday from 8:30 to 12 noon. No appointment is necessary.  Please give our office a call if you have any questions at 847-358-6164        

This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »