Written by Karen Chadra
Palatine was well-represented at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday with 173 runners crossing the finish line.
Here is a look at the top male finishers from Palatine:
- Eric Wallor, 30, finished with a time of 2:28.44. Wallor placed 71st overall.
- Craig Gunby, 52, finished with a time of 2:45.37. Gunby placed 250th overall.
- Andrew Jacobi, 24, finished with a time of 2:49.09. Jacobi placed 347th overall.
- Lisa Oleksak, 38, finished with a time of 3:01.22. She finished in 964th place overall and 96th among women.
- Miho Okada Nishino, 39, finished with a time of 3:35.40. She finished in 5,266th place overall and 1,001th place among women.
A record 39,115 runners finished the race in Grant Park on Sunday, according to Chicago Marathon officials.
Kenyan runner Dennis Kimetto won the marathon, setting a course record of 02:03:45—53 seconds faster than last year's winning time. Winning on the women's side was Kenyan Rita Jeptoo, who finished in 02:19:15, the fastest women's marathon time in the world this year.
“It was an incredible day at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon—one where the results from the course reflected the hard work and determination that was put in by the staff, the volunteers and our City of Chicago partners to make the event possible,” said Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski in a statement.
Source: Bank of America Chicago Marathon searchable results.
Did you compete in Sunday's race? Let us know how it went in the comments section. Do you know someone who participated in the race? Send them a congratulatory message by commenting below.
Amie Schaenzer contributed to this article.