Lamerand has traditionally hosted resident meetings on the third Wednesday in October and March. He is continuing that with the meeting at 7 p.m., October 16 in the council chambers, 200 E. Wood St.
"This meeting is going to be a bit different as District 1 Councilman Tim Millar and residents from his District will be joining us," Lamerand said in an email to his constituents. "This will provide a chance for everyone to meet Tim and gain his perspective on the issues that face our community."
Lamerand has an agenda set for the meeting, but said there also will be an open dialogue to answer any additional questions. He added the mayor and village staff also will be on hand to answer questions.
"I look forward to your feedback about the things you like and things you'd like to see changed within the Village of Palatine," he said in the email.
The topis on the agenda include a state of the village address, as well as updates from the police and fire, and the following.
- 1) Update on Economic Developments
- 2) Comments on our Current Financial Outlook (First peek at the 2014 budget)
- 3) Status Update on our Infrastructure and Construction projects
- 4) Group homes and why they are coming forward more often
- 5) Potential pitfalls and upcoming challenges: Pensions, reduced funds from the State, unfunded mandates, etc.