Palatine Patch will be helping you get to know the candidates for the upcoming special primary for Palatine Township. Meet Palatine Township Trustee candidate Julie Ann Johnson, who is running alongside ten other candidates in the February 26 special primary election.
1) Name, office being sought, professional background, community affiliations, experiences that you feel qualify you to run for this office.
Julie Ann Johnson
Candidate for Palatine Township Trustee
Professional Background: Educational Support Professional
Volunteer for The Red Cross, Chicago Care Pregnancy Center, Salvation Army
2) How long have you been a Palatine Township resident? 19 years
3) What are the reasons you chose to run for office? (for the upcoming election)
I would like to improve the quality of the township government. I feel in doing so that the township will continue to be efficient and effective government. In this poor economy Palatine Township needs to be responsible in controlling its spending. Along with my slate I believe there should be no property tax increases for the next four years. Also, no public official should be giving themselves a pay increase again due to the economic environment.
4) List 2-3 top issues-and how you plan to address them-that you believe are important to residents living in Palatine Township.
Again I believe the township government needs to control its spending. In regards to social services I am looking to best place the money where it will have the greatest impact on the community. I will not fill in budget gaps by increasing taxes.
The township over the years has been attacked for being an outdated government. It is my intention to continue to modernize the township and consolidate or eliminate offices and services that are no longer necessary to the public.
5) What improvements, if any, would you like to see in the way that Palatine Township is run?
Continually would like to see the use of technology in the operations of the township. The more information that is online or how the office staff can utilize technology to its fullest can save the township and ultimately the taxpayers more money.
6) Additional comments.
Running on the Responsible Republicans for Palatine Township slate.
7) Biographical information, family, children, upbringing, religious beliefs, etc. (optional).
Born and raised in the northwest suburbs