Palatine Patch will be helping you get to know the candidates for the upcoming special primary for Palatine Township. Meet Palatine Township Trustee candidate Chris Adrian, who is running alongside ten other candidates in the February 26 special primary election.
1) Name, office being sought, professional background, community affiliations, experiences that you feel qualify you to run for this office.
Chris Adrian, Palatine Township Trustee. For over the past 25 years I have worked in the Property & Casualty Insurance Industry, holding an Associate in Underwriting Designation.
A graduate of Western IL University, earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Law Enforcement Administration.
Volunteer Coach for the Palatine Celtic Soccer Club, Palatine Park District for several years and current volunteer coaching role for the Fremd High School Feeder Basketball.
2) How long have you been a Palatine Township resident? 18 years
3) What are the reasons you chose to run for office? (for the upcoming election)
As I currently serve on the Township Cemetery Committee, I feel this is an opportunity to expand my role within the Township. I am looking to provide fresh ideas and provide leadership, support and energy to Township team. Although I am new to Palatine Township politics, I am eager to represent the interests of the community and further the charter of Palatine Township service.
4) List 2-3 top issues-and how you plan to address them-that you believe are important to residents living in Palatine Township.
I believe connectivity, communication and collaboration with the community and within the Township Team are critical to delivering successful programs to the community. I would explore new ways of outreach with the community through means of leveraging technology and open dialogue forums. Continually evaluating current programs to ensure their fiscally in line with the value they serve the community.
5) What improvements, if any, would you like to see in the way that Palatine Township is run?
Once again, since I am a new candidate, my first order is evaluating all Programs and Services as to their value, impact and cost to the community. I have served over 25 years in the private professional sector leading teams in leveraging effective processes, effident platforms and identifying ways to better collaborate to deliver results. My focus is enhancing what is working, changing what is not within a collaborative team environment through partnership with the community.
6) Additional Comments. N/A
7) Biographical information, family, children, upbringing, religious beliefs, etc. (optional).
Born and raised in Sauganash Park, Chicago. I attended Queen of All Saints School, Graduate of Buffalo Grove High School, a Bachelor of Science Degree from Western IL University. Proud husband and father, Anne of 21 years, daughters Cassie, 17 and Missy 14. I am first generation American, brought up with solid family and civic core values.