Palatine Patch will be helping you get to know the candidates for the upcoming special primary for Palatine Township. Meet Palatine Township Supervisor candidate, incumbent Linda Fleming, who is being challenged by Trustee Sharon Langlotz Johnson.
1) Name, office being sought, professional background, community affiliations, experiences that you feel qualify you to run for this office.
Linda Fleming, Palatine Township Supervisor. Supervisor 2005 to present, Clerk 2001-2005, Inverness Trustee 1989-2001 . Served on the Palatine Township Senior Citizens Board during the process of getting their building. I have also volunteered for many other non profit agencies in the area. Employed as a school bus driver and routing coordinator for School District 15 1975-2012.
2) How long have you been a Palatine Township resident? 1951
3) What are the reasons you chose to run for office? (for the upcoming election)
As Township Supervisor for the past years 8 years I have worked to improve and expand the many programs that the Township does. I want to see the township continue to move in a positive manner to continue these improvements. When elected I had a 1/2 million dollar deficit that I turned into a balanced budget for the past 6 years. We need to continue to care for the tax dollar of the residents of Palatine Township while still taking care of those in need.
4) List 2-3 top issuesthat you believe are important to residents living in Palatine Township,and how you plan to address them.
Hunger in our township. Continue to look for new ways to improve the food pantry and how the food is distributed . 2.Programs for all residents. We need to expand programs such as the Health Fair to include all residents not just those in need . 3.Make long overdue repairs to the Township Building through budgeting and grants.
5) What improvements, if any, would you like to see in the way that Palatine Township is run?
We need to continue to be open with with the public by communicating through the web site, e-mails and newsletters .
6) Additional comments.
My mission is to continue the sound management of Palatine Township , the in order to provide excellent and cost effective services to the residents of our Township. I have a track record of effective, cost efficient management of the many social services that the Township provides to people in crisis. We live in challenging times where funds are limited and taxpayers are stressed but at the same time many more people in the present economy need the social safety net.
7) Biographical information, family, children, upbringing, religious beliefs, etc. (optional).
I have lived in Palatine Township most of my life. Married to Robert-45 years , 2 ch ildren Bonnie and Bill, 4 grand ch ildren. I attended Districts 15 and 211 schools. I am a hair dresser by trade and drove a School Bus for District 15 from 1975 and am now retired .