.

UPDATE: Lit Cigarette Ignited Fire at Palatine Townhouse

A lit cigarette caused the Saturday morning fire that left a Palatine townhouse uninhabitable, the Online Journal reports.

The Palatine Fire Department determined a lit cigarette ignited the fire destroyed a Palatine townhouse early Saturday morning, the Journal Online reports.

Firefighters were called to battle the blaze at the seven-unit townhouse building near Dundee and Hicks roads around 2:20 a.m. Saturday, the Daily Herald reports.

Within minutes, flames could be seen from the second floor balcony at 1400 block of North Waterbury Circle. According to the Daily Herald, firefighters found fire in the walls and the floors of the smoke filled, second story unit. 

No one was inside the unit at the time of the fire. No one was injured and the fire did not spread to any of the six other units in the building. But by the time firefighters extinguished the blaze, the fire had left the Palatine townhouse uninhabitable, the Daily Herald reports.

According to the Journal Online, the damage to the unit is estimated at more than $30,000.

 

Ellen October 18, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Stupid smokers. I don't know why smoking is allowed in multi-family buildings. Let them kill themselves and destroy their own property with their filthy habit.
Jim October 18, 2012 at 02:30 AM
Ellen - dont hold back, tell us what you really think..... 8 >)
Diane Uza October 19, 2012 at 05:24 PM
Stupid drunk drivers, stupid child molesters, stupid narrow minded people !!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something