Submitted by the Illinois Tollway.
The Illinois State Police (ISP) announced the results of a Roadside Safety Check (RSC) held during the late evening hours of May 2, and early morning hours of May 3.
The detail was conducted on the westbound Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) at the Devon Toll Plaza by ISP District 15 officers.
Alcohol is involved in nearly 40 percent of fatal crashes in Illinois. RSCs are designed to remove alcohol-impaired drivers. However, when other violations are observed such as driving with a suspended or revoked license, operating a vehicle without a valid registration or insurance, or safety belt violations, enforcement action may be taken. The following citations were issued at the safety check:
- Registration offenses: 1 warning
- Insurance offenses: 12 arrests
- Driver’s license offenses: 13 arrests, 8 warnings
- Equipment offenses: 2 arrests, 6 warnings
- Other alcohol/drug arrests: 2 arrests
- Total citations/arrests: 29
- Total written warnings: 15
This project was funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic