The Palatine Police department issued 109 tickets and made 9 DUI arrests during stepped up patrols over the 4th of July Holiday.
The department participated in the Illinois Department of Transportation's Holiday Safety Traffic Campaign. Palatine received a grant to pay for increased patrols.
A press release from the Palatine Police department states the campaign's focus was on getting intoxicated motorists off of roads, catching speeders, and ensuring seat belts and child car seats were being used.
Aside from using "saturation" patrols, the department also conducted a roadside safety check at Algonquin and Roselle roads.
The following is a breakdown of the results of the campaign:
- Driving Under the Influence – 9 arrests
- Seatbelt Violations – 36 tickets
- Child Safety Restraint Violations – 3 tickets
- Speeding – 19 tickets
- Suspended/Revoked/No Valid Drivers License – 5 arrests
- No Insurance – 9 tickets
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia – 1 arrest
- Warrants – 1 arrest
- Open Alcohol in Vehicle – 1 ticket
- All Other Registration/Moving/Equipment Violations – 41 ticket