- Someone forced entry into the Fortune Kookie restaurant at 570 N. Smith St. between 11:15 p.m. on Dec. 30 and 10:10 a.m. on Dec. 31. Unknown offender(s) took $1,500 cash and a pair of gold earrings from the counter area. The offenders entered the exterior door by unknown means, and then forced entry by smashing the interior glass door with a metal shovel found in the lobby area. The doorknob on the rear door was also damaged but remained secured, according to police.
Criminal Damage to Property
- Four mail boxes were damaged by unknown means between 11:50 p.m. on Dec. 31 and 12:06 a.m. on Jan. 1 in the 1300 north block of Larkspur Lane. Three of the four mailboxes were separated from the post during the incident.
Criminal Damage to Vehicle
- Someone smahsed the rear hatch window of a 2004 Ford SUV between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 3 in a parking lot near Caputo’s at 2070 N. Rand Rd. Nothing was taken or disturbed inside the vehicle.
- Someone used a wooden handle to smash both driver side windows and a rear window of a 2007 Nissan sedan between 10 p.m. on Dec. 31 and 5:515 a.m. on Jan. 1 in the 1700 north block White Sands Bay.
- Between 10 p.m. on Dec. 31 and midnight on Jan. 1, a customer of Durty Nellies, 180 N. Smith St., left her black leather purse in the restroom. When she went to retrieve the purse, it was gone. The purse contained $90 cash, credit cards, driver's license and a black Samsung cell phone valued at $600.
Information regarding any crime can be reported by calling 911, or reported anonymously through the Palatine-Inverness Crime Stoppers tip line at (847) 590-7867.