A Northfield man facing hazing charges following , has surrendered to Northfield Police.
Bogenberger was found dead in his NIU fraternity house on November 2.
James P. Harvey, 21, turned himself in on Dec. 19 on a $15,000 warrant out of DeKalb County for hazing not sanctioned by the institution and hazing with bodily harm, police said. Harvey was released after posting $1,500 cash bond, or 10 percent of the bond, and was issued a Dec. 28 court date in DeKalb County, police said.
Harvey, of 1717 Colonial Ln., Northfield, is vice president of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity at NIU. He was among the five fraternity leaders who were issued a Class 4 felony arrest warrant. A number of the accused began to surrender soon after the arrest warrants were issued.
In total, 22 arrest warrants were issued relating to the death of Palatine native Bogenberger. The NIU freshman’s death has been determined to be alcohol and hazing-related. , Northern Star, the NIU daily paper reported.
Charged with felony hazing, according to the multiple media sources, were:
- Alexander M. Jandik, 21, of Naperville, fraternity president
- James P. Harvey, 21, of DeKalb, fraternity vice president
- Omar Salameh, 21, of DeKalb, fraternity pledge adviser
- Patrick W. Merrill, 19, of DeKalb, fraternity secretary
- Steven A. Libert, 20, of Naperville, event planner
According to the Northern Star, arrest warrants for Class A misdemeanor hazing were issued for the following people:
- Michael J. Phillip Jr., 20, of Western Springs
- Thomas F. Costello, 20, of Munster, Ind.
- David R. Sailor, 20, of Princeton
- Alexander D. Renn, 19, of Naperville
- Michael A. Marroquin, 20, of Roselle
- Estevan A. Diaz, 22, of South Beloit
- Hazel A. Vergaralope, 21, of DeKalb
- Michael D. Pfest, 23, of Chicago
- Andres Jiminez Jr., 19, of Glendale Heights
- Isaiah Lott, 19, of Cupertino, Calif.
- Andrew W. Bouleanu, 21, of Skokie
- Nicholas A. Sutor, 19, of DeKalb
- Nelson A. Irizarry, 19, of DeKalb
- Johnny P. Wallace, 20, of DeKalb
- Daniel S. Post, 20, of DeKalb
- Nsenzi Salasini, 20, of Mount Prospect
- Russ Coyner, 21, of DeKalb