If you haven’t noticed yet, you’ll soon realize that things move fast when you’re in college. It may seem like you’re just getting settled, but chances are you have midterms coming up fast. One of the most crucial elements of midterm preparation is spacing out your study sessions, so we have compiled a list of midterm study tips for your consideration.
1. Don't cram. As mentioned above, a proper study schedule will space out your test preparations. It is harder to retain information when you only have one or two huge study sessions.
2. Review after class. In the weeks leading up to the midterm, take ten minutes after class to go over your notes and make sure that everything makes sense. It is also a good idea to show up a few minutes early for another quick review.
3. Go over past assignments. Make sure that you understand why you marked down in the past so you can avoid making the same mistakes on the midterm.
4. Find a proper study space. Sometimes your room or common areas aren't conducive to concentration. Consider the library or computer lab if you are experiencing distractions.
5. Form a study group. Your classmates may have perspectives and solutions that you have not considered before. Their notes may be more thorough than yours in some regards. A study group is also a great way to guarantee that you'll make time to study.
6. Sleep and eat well. Eating healthy, starting with breakfast, is a great way to improve your energy level and focus. Getting a good night's rest is absolutely essential to learning. If these aren't your normal habits, consider adopting them on a trial basis for midterms.
7. Take time for yourself. Planning ahead allows you to include study breaks and cheat days without worrying about being prepared. Be sure to include time to socialize and decompress!
8. When in doubt, ask your teacher. Don't be shy about asking questions before, during, and after class in advance of your midterms. See how much they will share with you about the test and how to best prepare for it.
Midterms can be a stressful time but with these tips you can take some of the stress out. Preparing in advance of your tests improves knowledge retention and provides peace of mind. We hope these help! Share your midterm tips with us!
Marathon Books Blogger