A campaign is underway to make the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday a day called "GivingTuesday." Dec. 3 will be the second annual GivingTuesday, when people are encouraged to give to various causes.
There are plenty of ways to participate in the GivingTuesday movement.
For example, a fundraising campaign has been initiated to benefit 3-year-old Payton Ryann Felde, of Huntley, who was recently diagnosed with stage 4 Hepatoblastoma. "Pennies 4 Payton," has been set up at youcaring.com to help the family with medical expenses.
You can also check out the many local causes seeking donations through the GoFundMe website.
Read more on Patch:
- Palatine Cares: Local Causes Need Your Help
- Community Rallies Around 3-Year-Old with Rare Liver Cancer
- Resident Running for a Cure for Lou Gehrig's Disease
- 5 Community Campaigns That Could Use Your Help
- Surprises of the Soup Kitchen
- Five Ways to Volunteer in the Palatine Area
- Ten Neighbors Who Need Your Help Right Now
- Jaycees Donate Nearly $9K to Palatine Fire Dept.
- Palatine Twp. Distributes More than 700 Thanksgiving Baskets
- The Keys to an Effective Food Drive