And Patch.com knows there are plenty of residents out there willing to lend a helping hand.
With that in mind, Patch.com has looked to volunteermatch.org., a website aimed at bringing "good people and causes together," for volunteer opportunities currently posted for the area. Here is a look at five of those opportunities:
- Northwest Special Recreation Association (NWSRA) is looking for gymnastics coaches to assist Special Olympics participants. Read more on the Volunteer Match website.
- Bethel Lutheran Food Pantry at 3839 W. Frontage Road in Palatine is looking for volunteers to help out at the food pantry Saturday mornings. Volunteers should arrive between 7:30 and 8 a.m. Bethel is also looking for food donations. Read more on the Volunteer Match website.
- Children's Home + Aid is looking for a clerical support volunteer as well as someone to help with grocery shopping.
- GENTIVA HOSPICE, formerly Odyssey Hospice is looking for an administrative volunteer.
- Palatine Emergency Management Agency is looking for volunteers for its Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.) and Palatine Medical Reserve Corps.