Halloween is a week away and there are plenty of festivities in Palatine.
Palatine's trick or treat hours are from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday Oct. 31, 2011. Trick or treaters should always be accompanied by an adult and the village offers several safety tips for parents on its web site.
If you can't wait to Halloween here are some other fun events happening in Palatine:
- Salt Creek Rural Park District will host a , 647 Consumers Ave., Palatine. There be will be face painting, moonbounces, games with prizes, a coloring station and more. Bring a bag or bucket for prizes. Pre-registration is required at 847-259-6890.
- , 1111 N. Rohlwing Rd., will host it's trick or treat festival Thursday, Oct. 27 from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Student organizations decorate and create a Halloween atmosphere throughout the school. Children 10 and younger can trick or treat and partake in games.
- , 1000 S. Quentin Rd., will host it's trick or treat festival Thursday, Oct. 27 from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Children 12 and younger can trick or treat and play games in various classrooms decorated by students.
- will host its annual Saturday, Oct. 29 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Community Center, 250 E. Wood St. the party is for children 1 to 10 years of age. The party will feature crafty tables, games, a jack-o-lantern gym for little ones, various goodies and a puppet show. The party costs $5 for park district residents and $7 for nonresidents.
- will be Saturday, Oct. 29 from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Kid's wearing costumes will get in free. There will be trick or treating all day as well as games, music and a costume parade. From 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. there will be giant pumpkin carving by Steve Dahlke. Costume judging will be at 3:30 p.m.
- continues Friday, Oct. 28, Saturday, Oct. 29 and Sunday, Oct. 30 an , 301 W. Johnson St. The fest is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The fest includes a farm feeding zoo, a two-story monster slide, a children's haunted house, a corn maze, a game tent, a spooky haunted forest and a little tyke play tent. Price is $7 for children six months to 12 years old. Price is $2 for 13 and older.
- at , 313 W. Colfax St., from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29. Even will include prizes, photos, a raffle and, of course, treats.