There's so much fun festive activity in Palatine this weekend that Patch has compiled this list of events:
- begins at 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18.During the Holiday's on the Town event, downtown Palatine shops, restaurants and businesses will offer demonstrations, special offers, complimentary food and beverages, trend-setting fashions and home décor
ideas for the holiday season. Passports are $1 and are required for special savings, tasty treats and a chance to win. .
- Palatine will be lighting the tree in the at 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 19. .
- , 1801 N. Rand Rd., Palatine, will host Holly Days Saturday, Nov. 19 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.. Santa will be in attendance along with his reindeer. There also will be three members from the Berkshire Ballet Theatre who are performing the Nutcracker at the Raue Center in Crystal Lake. On Sunday, Nov. 20, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Knupper will host pet pictures with Santa and will be accepting donations for Save-A-Pet.
- The Salt Creek Rural Park District will host a craft fair from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18 at the Sports Center in Palatine, 647 Consumers Avenue.
- The is hosting a holiday fundraiser at the library, 700 N. North Court. Books, CDs and other holiday items will be for sale. The sale will be Friday, Nov. 18 through Sunday Nov. 20. Sale hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from noon to 3 p.m. on Sunday.