- A special Earth Day event will be held at Deer Grove East Forest Preserve off of Dundee Road. Special lunchtime guests include Toni Preckwinkle, Cook County Board President and Debra Shore, Commissioner, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District. The event begins at 9:30 am and will end at 2:30 pm at Grove 2 where .
, 700 N. Court, Palatine
- From 9 a.m. to noon State Representative Tom Morrison will be available to meet with constituents at the Morrison and his staff will have state-related information and resources available and time to spend listening to constituent concerns.
, 400 South Highland Ave., Arlington Heights
- Seven-year-old Patton Elementary first-grader, Connor Lim, was diagnosed in May of 2009 with X-linked Hyper IGM, a rare immunodeficiency that causes patients to succumb to liver cirrhosis or lung infection at an early age. Basically his body does not produce any IgG immunoglobin and cannot fight off infection. This disease is so rare that there are less than 300 people living with this disease. Family and friends of Connor, along with Be The Match, have setup a Marrow Registry drive at South Middle School, 400 South Highland Ave., in Arlington Heights. The drive runs from 7-11 a.m.
- . Help them celebrate the longevity of this local business! Palatine Mayor Jim Schwantz is scheduled to make an appearance at Knupper Nursery on Saturday, April 21 to mark this momentous event.
- The King and I will be presented at Harper College, 1200 W. Algonquin Road on Saturday, April 21 at 2 and 7:30 p.m., Friday, April 27 at 7:30 p.m., and Saturday, April 28 at 2 and 7:30 p.m. For tickets, call 630-808-5852 or visit www.artreachspotlite.com. General admission tickets are $18 at the door and $16 in advance. Reservations are recommended. Group discounts are available.