The “Palatine Rocks Singing Contest” will be a featured event at the Rockin’ the Blocks festival in downtown Palatine on Saturday, July 26. Palatine area singers ages six to 19 years of age must register by July 14 to participate in the contest.
The 2nd annual Palatine Rocks Singing Contest will be held on Saturday, July 26 as part of the Rockin’ the Blocks festival sponsored by the Palatine Area Chamber of Commerce. The event will be held in the BMO Harris parking lot at the corner of Brockway and Slade Streets in downtown Palatine.
Winners will be named in two age divisions: Juniors (ages 6-12) and Teens (ages 13-19).
- Performances may be a maximum of four minutes.
- Soloists or duets can enter the competition.
- All songs performed must be appropriate for all ages, family entertainment.
- Participants will be judged on tone, pitch, rhythm, expression, timing, stage presentation and harmony (for duets).
- Participants must be Palatine area residents.
- Performances can be a cappella, or performed with background music on a CD, a guitar or keyboard.
- A panel of judges will determine contest winners in different categories.
- Performance schedule times will be confirmed via phone or email.
Entrance fees are $5 for soloists and $10 for duets.
Winners in each category will receive a certificate and trophy authenticating their win at the Rockin’ the Blocks “Palatine Rocks Singing Contest” and receive a gift card from a local business.
In the event there are more than eight (8) entries per age division, a preliminary competition round will be held prior to the July 26 competition.
Advanced registration is required: the deadline to register is Monday, July 14. Contact the Palatine Area Chamber of Commerce at 847-359-7200 for more information.
Contestants under the age of 18 year are required to have signed parental permission.