Reports: Lovie Smith Fired As Chicago Bears Coach
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport is reporting that Chicago Bears Coach Lovie Smith has been fired.
- December 31, 2012
NFL.com is reporting that Chicago Bears Coach Lovie Smith has been fired.
The Bears failed to make the playoffs despite starting the season 7-1. The team struggled to a 10-6 finish and lost out on the final playoff spot to the Minnesota Vikings.
The Bears have not made the playoffs in five of the last six seasons. Smith did get the Bears to the Super Bowl in 2006. In recent years, the Bears offense has been inconsistent, despite trading two first round picks for quarterback Jay Cutler.
The Chicago Tribune noted that Smith had gone through four offensive coordinators during his tenure.
Smith compiled an 80-63 record as head coach of the Chicago Bears since 2004, Yahoo! Sports reported.
See More on Patch
- IHSA Sets New Rules for Youth Football Practice
- Fremd Sophmore Baseball Player Mack Rosman Commits to Northwestern Wildcats
- Northwest Flag Football Summer League Registration Underway
- Technical Glitch Halts Chicago Marathon Registration
- Palatine Amateur Football Association Gets Hand Up from Park District
Most Popular articles
- UPDATED: Fire Breaks Out at Palatine Apartment Building Friday
- Man Paralyzed in Prime of Life Never Stops Following His Passion
- Kostka Requests for Palatine to Buy His Home
- Inverness Man Sentenced in Palatine Retirement Home Burglary
- Palatine, Fremd and D211 Student-Built Homes for Sale, Open Houses on Sunday