Oktoberfest returns to downtown Palatine this weekend.
Festivities kick off Friday, Sept. 16 at 5:30 p.m. This is the fourth annual Oktoberfest hosted by the Rotary Club of Palatine. Proceeds from Oktoberfest will benefit local charities.
Oktoberfest is held downtown near the intersection Brockway and Slade Streets. The fest will include German music and food. Among those with booths will be Bauer's Brauhaus, Heybeck's Meat Market, Morkes Chocolate, The Onion Pub and Mudslingers.
Here is a schedule of Oktoberfest festivities:
Friday, Sept. 16
- 5:30 p.m. Traditional Keg Rolling Ceremony
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Music by Die Musikmeisters
- 8 p.m. – Music by Phenix
Saturday, Sept. 17
- Noon to 3 p.m. – Family Day includes various actitives for kids.
- 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Music by Jimmy's Bavarians
- 8 p.m. to Midnight – Music by Die Musikmeisters
Sunday, Sept. 18
- Noon to 3 p.m. – Music by Die Lustigen Musikmeisters
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.– Dobby's Wine Tasting
- 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Phenix