Palatine Township Trustee Candidate: Kevin O'Connell
Kevin O'Connell is one of 11 candidates running for four open trustee seats on the Palatine Township board. A special primary election will be held on February 26.
Palatine Patch will be helping you get to know the candidates for the upcoming special primary for Palatine Township. Meet Palatine Township Trustee candidate Kevin O'Connell, who is running alongside ten other candidates in the February 26 special primary election.
1) Name, office being sought, professional background, community affiliations, experiences that you feel qualify you to run for this office.
Candidate for Palatine Township Trustee
Professional Background: Business Consultant, Teacher,
Former Palatine Township Clerk
Former Corporal, Illinois Army National Guard.
Volunteer, Timothy Ministry Luncheon for the Homeless and People in Need.
2) How long have you been a Palatine Township resident? 18 years
3) What are the reasons you chose to run for office? (for the upcoming election)
I want to see the township government continue to be efficient and effective in delivery of services. Palatine needs to continue to have a balanced budget. There will be no property tax increases for the next four years to give financial relief to the residents. I will vote to roll back the pay increases the township trustees gave themselves through their stipends.
4. List 2-3 top issues-and how you plan to address them-that you believe are important to residents living in Palatine Township.
The township government needs to have balanced budgets. This can be done through interaction between the officials on the board and knowing where the money should be spent.
The township will have to look at consolidating offices as the role of township government continues to shrink over the coming years.
5) What improvements, if any, would you like to see in the way that Palatine Township is run?
Continually would like to see the use of technology in the operations of the township. The more information that is online or how the office staff can utilize technology to its fullest can save the township and ultimately the taxpayers more money.
6) Additional comments.
Running on the Responsible Republicans for Palatine Township slate.
7) Biographical information, family, children, upbringing, religious beliefs, etc. (optional).
Life long resident of the northwest suburbs
Father of three children