Palatine Township Trustee Candidate: Debbie McGuire
Debbie McGuire is one of 11 candidates running for four open trustee seats on the Palatine Township board. A special primary election will be held on February 26.
Palatine Patch will be helping you get to know the candidates for the upcoming special primary for Palatine Township. Meet Palatine Township Trustee candidate Debbie McGuire, who is running alongside ten other candidates in the February 26 special primary election.
1) Name, office being sought, professional background, community affiliations, experiences that you feel qualify you to run for this office.
Debbie McGuire; Palatine Township Trustee; Certified paralegal working in the mortgage industry, former member of the Palatine Rotary Club and Lions Club; former District 15 PTA member and chairperson; past District 15 PTA committee chair for the environmental education program, past volunteer for the Village of Hoffman Estates environmental program, former Holy Family Parish catechist.
2) How long have you been a Palatine Township resident? 22 years.
3) What are the reasons you chose to run for office? (for the upcoming election)
I have actively been involved with the Town ship service activities for many years through volunteer efforts with other non-profits. Through these efforts I have come to appreciate what the Township has to offer and want to be more actively involved in giving back to this community.
4) List 2-3 top issues-and how you plan to address them-that you believe are important to residents living in Palatine Township.
Budgets are always a concern. I would like to review how much money the Township has, then assess the programs and evaluate those in need of money to keep working and those that are currently operating efficiently. This would also let me know what is important to the residents. I would also like to see what other organization programs, if any, are out there available to assist our residents that we may not know about.
5) What improvements, if any, would you like to see in the way that Palatine Township is run?
Currently, through my volunteering I only see the positive effects the Township has. If elected, I will become more famil iar and be able to investigate this further to determine what improvements may be needed.
6) Additional comments. N/A
7) Biographical information, family, children, upbringing, religious beliefs, etc. (optional).
I was born and raised in the Chicago area. I have been a Catholic all my life. I have 2 children currently attending universities in the city. To relax I enjoy reading and outdoor activities in all seasons.