Palatine Township Assessor Candidate: Terry Kelly
Incumbent Palatine Township Assessor Terry Kelly is running unopposed in the special primary election for Palatine Township to be held on February 26.
Palatine Patch will be helping you get to know the candidates for the upcoming special primary for Palatine Township. Meet Palatine Township Assessor candidate Terry Kelly, who is running unopposed in the February 26 special primary election.
1) Name, office being sought, professional background, community affiliations, experiences that you feel qualify you to run for this office.
Terry Kelly. Seeking re-election as Township Assessor.
I hold a Certified Illinois Assessing Office (CIAO) designation and have completed more than 200 hours of continuing education. I am also an active member of the Lions Club in Palatine.
2) How long have you been a Palatine Township resident? Lifelong resident.
I want to continue modernizing the Assessor's Office. Since I have taken office we have improved communications with our community through such avenues as our web-site, Constant Contact and the use of our QR scan code. Those efforts along with the many outreach seminars I have held have kept the community better informed as to such things as appeal dates, exemption filing periods, etc.
4) List 2-3 top issues-and how you plan to address them-that you believe are important to residents living in Palatine Township.
1. Expanding social safety net programs such as the Food Pantry. The Township has been able to do this through the use of increased volunteers. For example Northrop Gruman volunteers to man the food pantry one Saturday a month. These volunteers help stretch the Township budget dollars. Mariano's continues to make significant contributions to the Township.
2. Balancing the budget as Supervisor Linda Fleming has accomplished.
3. Continue to modernize the Assessor’s office by utilizing current technology ie. Constant Contact, and looking into Facebook and Twitter to reach out to those we represent.
5) What improvements, if any, would you like to see in the way that Palatine Township is run?
Expand our community outreach even further. There are still some who are not aware of Township Government. Acknowledge those who contribute to our programs, not just those whom we fund through our Human Needs Committee.
6) Additional comments.
Township Government provides many wonderful and needed services for our community. Supervisor Linda Fleming has done an outstanding job of balancing the budget while increasing the raw number of volunteers and the number of donations. Trustee candidates Chris Adrian and Debbie McGuire are raising young families in our community and know the importance of a balanced budget.
7) Biographical information, family, children, upbringing, religious beliefs, etc. (optional).
Life-long resident of Palatine Township. Married for 31 years to Kim Kelly. Two children, Dan, junior at UW Milwaukee and Katie a junior at Fremd H.S. Grew up in Township Government as my dad was Township attorney for many years-used to go to Board meetings with my brothers.