Palatine will “Paint the Town Green” on Saturday, March 17 with the community’s second annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration which includes a parade, Irish market and festivities at various businesses throughout the town.
Here is a schedule of the events that are planned:
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Irish Market at 180 N. Smith St. The market will feature 16 vendors.
- 11 a.m. The Paint the Town Green parade will begin on Wood Street near the community parking lot at 200 E. Wood St. The parade will go west to Brockway and conclude south to Wilson Street.
- 9 a.m. Durty Nellie's will be open for breakfast and serve Irish food and drink specials.
- Midlothian Scottish Pipe Band from 12:30 p.m. until 2 p.m.
- Celtic Duo Shishonnah performs from 2 p.m. until 3 p.m.
- Entertainment continues through the evening and concludes with Rod Tuffcurls & The Bench Press from 10:30 p.m. to close.
- Emmett’s will be serving Kegs N Eggs from 9 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. as well as traditional Irish foods and entertainment during the day.
- Trey from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m
- Live Entertainment by Kingsfold Trio at 9 p.m. Free Show.
- Firkin Tapping
- Traditional Irish food specials all day.
- Bauer’s Brauhaus will also feature Irish food and drink specials as well as live entertainment.
Information submitted by ElizEvents.