Ike, or Isaac Blum was a Palatine native but moved to Arlington Heights as a child. When he came back to Palatine, he bought the tavern in 1900 and ran it until 1917.
Heading south on Brockway, there was a drug store next to Ike Blum's Tavern and a hardware store furthest south, which was owned by W.H. Brockway.
Information, in part, provided by the Images of America, Palatine, Illinois and the Palatine Historical Society.