The Rotary Club of Palatine kicked of its 5th Annual Oktoberfest on Friday, Sept.14 in the Fireman’s Memorial parking lot on the corners of Brockway and Slade streets in downtown Palatine.
Through Sunday, Sept. 16, Oktoberfest offers authentic authentic German music, food and activities. Bauer's Brauhaus, Heybeck's Meat Market,Morkes Chocolate, The Onion Pub and Mudslingers are among some of the booths there.
The weekend started off Friday with the traditional keg rolling ceremony, topped off with a tapping of the firkin by Palatine Mayor Jim Schwantz. The event runs until midnight Friday, starts back up at noon Saturday until midnight, and then on Sunday from noon to 6 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 17
- Noon to 3 p.m. – Family Day includes various actitives for kids.
- 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. – Music by Die Musikmeisters
- 8 p.m. to Midnight – Music by Phenix
Sunday, Sept. 18
- Noon to 3 p.m. – Music by Die Lustigen Musikmeisters
- 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.– Music by Johnny Wagner