“Year after year the local residents and businesses make a lasting impression on so many lives through their donations to the Palatine Food Drive,” said Heather Slipkevych, food drive coordinator.
Lavelle Law, Ltd. has been the recipient of multiple awards, mentions and acknowledgements for their efforts since the inagural year of the food drive in 2004, Slipkevych said.
There are seventeen Palatine drop-off locations for those who would like to donate non-perishable food and items such as diapers and baby formula:
- Buehler YMCA, 1400 West Northwest Highway
- ACE Hardware, 239 East Northwest Highway
- Palatine Bank and Trust, 110 West Palatine Road
- Palatine Opportunity Center, 1585 Rand Road
- Birchwood Recreation Center, 435 West Illinois Avenue
- Palatine Park District, 250 East Wood Street
- Palatine Village Hall, 200 East Wood Street
- UPS Store, 738 East Dundee Road
- Falcon Park Recreation Center, 2195 North Hicks Road
- Golf Nation, 399 North Quentin Road
- Palatine Police Department, 200 East Wood Street
- Harris Bank, 50 North Brockway
- The Christian Shop, 325 East Dundee
- Preventative Healthcare, 454 East Dundee
- Countryside, 21154 W. Shirley Road
- Palatine Metra Station
- Lavelle Law, Ltd, 501 W Colfax
Lavelle Law staff will ultimately collect the donations and deliver them to the Palatine Township Food Pantry on November 20.
Close to 330 families living in Palatine Township currently utilize the food pantry each month.